Highlighted

AIR Desktop Packaging Errors

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to package an applicaiton for the desktop and keep receiving errors. I have tried all three formats (Air & EXE), and several different build of the AIR sdk. (15, 4.0.0, 3.8, 3.6). I am using the Adobe CC Windows software.

Any ideas as to why this is happening, and some suggestions as to how to fix it? (there are no comp errors in the simulator)

Thank you.

The two errors I get at compiling are:

"Error creating file: Packaging failed. Packager internal error"

...and a variation of this that references date settings when using earlier sdk releases.

I can usually get the air package to compile, but it won't install and I get the install error there asking to contact the devleoper.

Apparently the problem was related to either the file size of the entire package, or the size of one of the assets.

I was using a FLVplayback component that linked to a 45min/600mb mpg (or flv). I think I got it working by attaching a smaller file to the build, but instead decided to resolve the issue by linking to the larger file hosted on a server. Not the best fix, but it works.

SOOOO, if you get these errors check your file size while trouble shooting. Although I can't give a specific acceptance size ---  I think it may be around 500mb.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR Desktop Packaging Errors

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am trying to package an applicaiton for the desktop and keep receiving errors. I have tried all three formats (Air & EXE), and several different build of the AIR sdk. (15, 4.0.0, 3.8, 3.6). I am using the Adobe CC Windows software.

Any ideas as to why this is happening, and some suggestions as to how to fix it? (there are no comp errors in the simulator)

Thank you.

The two errors I get at compiling are:

"Error creating file: Packaging failed. Packager internal error"

...and a variation of this that references date settings when using earlier sdk releases.

I can usually get the air package to compile, but it won't install and I get the install error there asking to contact the devleoper.

Apparently the problem was related to either the file size of the entire package, or the size of one of the assets.

I was using a FLVplayback component that linked to a 45min/600mb mpg (or flv). I think I got it working by attaching a smaller file to the build, but instead decided to resolve the issue by linking to the larger file hosted on a server. Not the best fix, but it works.

SOOOO, if you get these errors check your file size while trouble shooting. Although I can't give a specific acceptance size ---  I think it may be around 500mb.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hate to be a pest here, but does anyone else experience this?

FYI- the AIR package installer that I mention can compile, but not install, gives me the following error.

"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this on mac now too, to the the same effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2014 0