Highlighted

AIR for Android runs on which processors?

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m bringing an app, that I’ve already released with AIR for iOS, to Android. I understand that AIR for Android apps will run on ARM processors and NOT Intel processors under Android.

But which versions of the ARM core are supported by AIR? Can anyone report difficulties with any particular ARM devices?

thanks, Craig

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR for Android runs on which processors?

Participant ,
Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m bringing an app, that I’ve already released with AIR for iOS, to Android. I understand that AIR for Android apps will run on ARM processors and NOT Intel processors under Android.

But which versions of the ARM core are supported by AIR? Can anyone report difficulties with any particular ARM devices?

thanks, Craig

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processor needs to have the ArmV7 instruction set, and at least Android OS 2.3. It’s not always easy to track down the information for a given processor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2014 0
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Do you know if ARMv8 excludes AIR?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2014 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArmV8 includes ArmV7, and so ought to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2014 0