Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air for Android text relocation error

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I got a message from Google about my Air for Android app in the Google Play Store:

Observed Results:

The app crashes.

Possible Root Cause:

You app will stop working in an upcoming release of Android because the native library libCore.so modifies its executable code.

Starting with API 23, shared objects must not contain text relocations. That is, the code must be loaded as is and must not be modified. Such an approach reduces load time and improves security. We haven't supported text relocations since API 23, and we are now moving to enforce this via SELinux.

Please refer to:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/bionic/+/master/android-changes-for-ndk-developers.md#text...

Any ideas on what can be causing those text relocations? Other developers having the same issues?

This app is using the AIR 30 SDK.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. Crash rate has risen from 1% to 2.5% and I got this message too. App is released with Air 31 and targets Android SDK 26.

Do you use any ANEs in your app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I use the Milkman Storekit ANE, and some other Milkman ANE's in other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI we to this message from Google Pre-release of the new Android. So before beta.

Here is the log of the error:

Build fingerprint: 'google/crosshatch/crosshatch:Q/QP1A.181101.002/5105443:userdebug/dev-keys'

Revision: 'PROTO1.1'

ABI: 'arm'

pid: 13775, tid: 13775, name: beGame  >>> air.com.game <<<

signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 2 (SEGV_ACCERR), fault addr 0xd0d710e8

r0  d0d8b140  r1  00000000  r2  00000014  r3  d11bed54

r4  d11bed10  r5  d0d8b140  r6  00000000  r7  00000001

r8  d11bed10  r9  00000000  r10 d0e133c8  r11 ffd1cfa8

ip  00000000  sp  ffd1cf98  lr  d00f0f38  pc  d0d710e8

backtrace:

#00 pc 012280e8  /data/app/air.com.GameName==/lib/arm/libCore.so (offset 0x1224000)

It seems to be an issue with Air since we also cross checked it with other air applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news on this. I did not get this message from Google, but it seems like this is going to be a major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No news at all, I haven't found a solution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines