Highlighted

Air for Android unexpected crash

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, so I've been struggling with this for a while. I have created a simple app which does a simple post to the server at regular intervals.

What I have noticed in Scout and Flash is that everything seems well. There is no major warning in the debug and CPU, memory is not under major stress.

When the application is in the background and continues to post to the server I get a hard crash when I browse with Google Maps.

I have narrowed it down to when the network gets really busy then the app crashes without any warning.

When debugging with ADB logcat I eventually see that the process has died.

I am currently testing it on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2 and it happens with Air 3.2, Air 17.0 & Air 18.0.

Anybody know how to prevent the app from quitting unexpectedly?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air for Android unexpected crash

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, so I've been struggling with this for a while. I have created a simple app which does a simple post to the server at regular intervals.

What I have noticed in Scout and Flash is that everything seems well. There is no major warning in the debug and CPU, memory is not under major stress.

When the application is in the background and continues to post to the server I get a hard crash when I browse with Google Maps.

I have narrowed it down to when the network gets really busy then the app crashes without any warning.

When debugging with ADB logcat I eventually see that the process has died.

I am currently testing it on a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2 and it happens with Air 3.2, Air 17.0 & Air 18.0.

Anybody know how to prevent the app from quitting unexpectedly?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 03, 2015 0
Advocate ,
Oct 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/h_g-2usY2mc

A quick look makes it seem like the Google location service crashes in the background, taking Maps with it.  Not quite sure what is causing the location service to crash however.

May be it's issue in your ANE or as described at the link above

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2015 0