Highlighted

Air for iOS 7 App - Listen for wireless Keyboard events

New Here ,
May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings i've been reviewing this older posting relating to the same problem that I have, but cannot surmise the solution from the thread. Could someone help point me in the right direction?

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5618417

I've built a flash ios app that relies on the input from 5 keys to function. I'm using Flash CS6 and AIR 13.0.0.111 for iOS. The app wont recognize the input from my bluetooth keyboard though.

This code works until loaded onto the iPhone:

stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, ScrollDown);

function ScrollDown(e:KeyboardEvent):void{

if (e.keyCode == 83){

}

I guess in need to use a event.CHANGE listener but I can't find any similar tutorials to follow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air for iOS 7 App - Listen for wireless Keyboard events

New Here ,
May 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings i've been reviewing this older posting relating to the same problem that I have, but cannot surmise the solution from the thread. Could someone help point me in the right direction?

https://forums.adobe.com/message/5618417

I've built a flash ios app that relies on the input from 5 keys to function. I'm using Flash CS6 and AIR 13.0.0.111 for iOS. The app wont recognize the input from my bluetooth keyboard though.

This code works until loaded onto the iPhone:

stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, ScrollDown);

function ScrollDown(e:KeyboardEvent):void{

if (e.keyCode == 83){

}

I guess in need to use a event.CHANGE listener but I can't find any similar tutorials to follow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 24, 2014 0
Advocate ,
May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how wireless keyboard work for iDevices...

Try to add StageText, tap on it and try to edit text using your keyboard. Could StageText hook keyboard input?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2014 0