• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR for iOS - StageWebView do not play mp3 and mp4 files through HTML on iOS 13 webKit

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR for iOS StageWebView has been having issues locating files in different sub-directory in the app since Apple changed to wkwebview since AIR26. There was a workaround to it by disposing the StageWebView that loads the HTML from directory A and initiate a new StageWebView to load HTML from directory B. However, this workaround no longer works now that Apple releases iOS 13. 

Even a commercial ANE (Distriqt NativeWebView ANE) can't make it work. Fortunately the ANE has an option to revert the webview to the old school UIWebView.

I don't understand why Adobe just refused to improve the StageWebView functionality to keep it up to date. 

Now if we need to make the iOS app to work on iOS 13 and up then we can't use the AIR StageWebView and must use an ANE. 

Is this a new feature request that I should send to Harman? 

Anyone has any thoughts or advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harman has initally focused on Android (because of the 64 bit requirement), but is now starting to look at iOS also, so you should definitely send them a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just do not know where to submit the request to Harman from their website. Do you happen to know the correct link? Thank you much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad you found a workaround using NativeWebView. If you need to submit feature request to Harman, they do monitor this: https://github.com/Gamua/Adobe-Runtime-Support/issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Local files, html, js and images are loaded fine, but local .mp3 is not.

Inspecting with Safari, it says impossibile to load file, although listed in page external resources.

I have noticed that audio tag with .mp3 doesn't send user agent when loading a file, that might be the culprit.

Do you confirm with Distriqt ANE switching to UIWebView it loads local files succesfully?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully switched to UIWebView using Distriqt NativeWebView ANE and everything works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Thank you I'll keep this in mind.

I have found another solution. I built a local http server modifying the one in this post: http://coenraets.org/blog/2009/12/air-2-0-web-server-using-the-new-server-socket-api/ and load all asstes from localhost. This also allows me to lead assets on Android from applicationStorage instead of copying everything in cache. In this way regular StageWebView loads everything you need from local storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines