• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR installation without Asking the User

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a mobile user install my app and his/her mobile doesn't install Adobe AIR / lower version of AIR, there would be a popup asking installation of Adobe AIR required.

I think this process could cause an problem if the user don't know what Adobe AIR is, or they refuse to install Adobe AIR for some reason, which turn out to not installing my app.

On iPad, the installation of Adobe AIR is somehow build-in, that would not ask the user to install AIR before installing mine.

How do I set my project such that my app would not ask the user to install Adobe AIR on Android or iPhone device?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Hi there,

iPhone will work the same as the iPad - so doesn't rely on a separate AIR install.

You can achieve the same with Android if you deploy a Captive Runtime.

Assuming you're using Flash Pro - when you publish for Android just select "Embed AIR runtime with application". As the text suggests it automatically includes the AIR runtime in your app.

You can achieve the same with ADT too ...

Adobe AIR * Android APK packages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

iPhone will work the same as the iPad - so doesn't rely on a separate AIR install.

You can achieve the same with Android if you deploy a Captive Runtime.

Assuming you're using Flash Pro - when you publish for Android just select "Embed AIR runtime with application". As the text suggests it automatically includes the AIR runtime in your app.

You can achieve the same with ADT too ...

Adobe AIR * Android APK packages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, have forgotten about the captive runtime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines