• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR iOS App to run on all devices, final list of launch screens? (names and dimensions)

Engaged ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am releasing an App designed to run on ALL Apple devices. In order to do this I need to set launch screens for all resolutions. Adobe documentation is quite lame on the topic.

I have found this: Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR

Which is quite exhaustive, but it doesn't mention iPad Pro at all (it does mention iPhone 7+ though).

Where can I find a final list, with correct names and sizes, in order to have the App run on ALL devices?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Adobe updated blog entry with all sizes, including iPad Pro.

Launch Images on iOS with Adobe AIR

Also, please help yourself with this AI file template. It has already all art boards with correct naming for export and dimensions.

Enjoy: http://pippoapps.com/_downloads/SplashScreen_exporter_FULL_IOS.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked the author of that article to drop by if he can, to say if an update may be possible. The article was written 7 months before iPad Pro was released.

I can't easily find the right name on Apple's site either.

Looking ahead though, something for you to think about: If you made every possible size splash screen it could end up taking 30 MB of app file space. What I've started to do now is to use a flat color which is representative of my title screen. I haven't done it, but that could be taken further, and have the title fade in from that color, might look neat.

That approach saves a lot of file space, compared to having a detailed image that doesn't compress too well as PNG, and also it can mean that one iPad image could be used for all 4:3 screens.

I'm not certain of that last part, I do try to include all the sizes I think are needed, all of them flat colored, and only taking up a few hundred k. I just checked one app, and all of these splash screens taken a total of under 200k:

Default-375w-667h@2x~iphone.png

Default-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Default-568h@2x.png

Default-568h@2x~iphone.png

Default-Landscape-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png

Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png

Default-Landscape~ipad.png

Default@2x.png

Default~iphone.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Colin,

I am using very simple splash screens, a lot of flat colour and a small logo in the middle.

Not a big deal in terms of size. Is there a way to add a file to this posts?

I wish to upload an AI file with artboards sized and named correctly to cover all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a little Insert Image button you can use in your post. But no need, I can imagine what a logo screen looks like, in terms of large flat colored areas. Does the first frame of your app also have that image, that you then switch to the title screen or the contents? On many devices the splash screen is only there for a moment, and it doesn't even exist on Android. If I do have a splash image I have the same image at the start of the timeline, and Android users get to see a second or two of that, and iOS users see just a little longer.

If the first frame is a completely different image, and Android users wouldn't see your splash image at all, it starts to get to be a lot of effort for a half second of screen time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to attach the AI file with art boards export set with correct sizes and names as a help to everybody.

I wish my clients were as reasonable as you... sadly they do want splash screen on ios...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have dropbox or google drive, that would be another way to share your file. You can then do an Insert Link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pippo,

Thanks for pointing it out.

We have updated our blog for the iPad Pro Launch Images. Please find the updated blog at below link:

Let us know if you face any other problem.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe updated blog entry with all sizes, including iPad Pro.

Also, please help yourself with this AI file template. It has already all art boards with correct naming for export and dimensions.

Enjoy: http://pippoapps.com/_downloads/SplashScreen_exporter_FULL_IOS.ai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you only provide portrait splash screens and the app is supporting and launching in landscape mode (or vice versa)? Will it show the portrait splash screen or no splash screen at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thant's a very good question. Why don't you test it and let us know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines