• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air iOS - To use TestFlight Beta Testing, build 1.0.0 must contain the correct beta entitlement.

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I published my iOS app and uploaded it to iTunes Connect to run an external beta test through Apple TestFlight but I got this error:

To use TestFlight Beta Testing, build 1.0.0 must contain the correct beta entitlement.

I created my certificate 3 days ago and it contains the beta entitlement.

I published the iOS app with the latest Flash CC 2014 version on a Mac with Air 15.

How to fix that error?

Thanks

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I'm setting it up for the first time and one I'm not exactly sure how I add the beta enttilement to the Dist provision as most of the documentation I come across discusses xcode. I've done the step of setting up in itunes connect but as for the provision do I just do a new download of the mobileprovision or do I actually have to select something along with the other devices I've already selected for the provision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and just noticed this is under Air iOS I'm actually trying to use TestFlight for a DPS app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you figured this out?  I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get TestFlight working based on a comment in the following bug report:

Bug#3845110 - Wrong beta entitlement for TestFlight Beta Testing in iTunesConnect

In summary... I am using Air SDK 16.0 and added the following to my app xml file:

<Entitlements>

<![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key>

<false/>

<key>beta-reports-active</key>

<true/> ]]>

</Entitlements>

I uploaded a new build to Apple using Application Loader 3.0 and I was then able to submit my app for beta review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get test flight to work, was the IPA built as Ad Hoc or App Store?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The IPA was built for App Store.  I believe this is a requirement of Test Flight since it supports external testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using flasProfesionnalcc 2014, using Air SDK 16... I have the same problem. 

>In summary... I am using Air SDK 16.0 and added the following to my app xml file:

<Entitlements>

<![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key>

<false/>

<key>beta-reports-active</key>

<true/> ]]>

</Entitlements>

But when I try to insert the <Entilements> code into de xml file   I receive a error when a try to complile:

Error application.Entilemens is a unexpected element/atribute

How to fix that error?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you used Entitlements and not Entilemens, did you put the Entitlements tag inside the iPhone tag? It needs to be at the same level as InfoAdditions and requestedDisplayResolution. Like this:

<iPhone>

<Entitlements><![CDATA[ <key>get-task-allow</key><false/><key>beta-reports-active</key><true/>]]></Entitlements>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[<key>UIPrerenderedIcon</key><true/><key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>]]></InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replaying so quickly it works perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone confirm - if building for local testing (e.g. connect with cable) and not the app store build, that adding the <Entitlements> will result in an installation error?

Installing application for testing on iOS (192.168.1.9)

Installation Error: ApplicationVerificationFailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the beta entitlements would stop local testing from working, but you could just remove those to make sure. Also, make sure you're using distribution Ad Hoc for local testing, and beta entitlements App Store for TestFlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven' built the app with Entitlements for the store yet, but adding the Entitlements breaks local testing (ipa-test and ipa-test-interpreter).  No problem commenting them for local testing, but just checking whether there are deeper reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would not want the beta entitlements for the final store submission, you only need them for Testflight submissions, but that build would be an App Store build, not Ad Hoc. Local testing would be Ad hoc, no entitlements, and the final submission would be App Store, no entitlements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the beta entitlements also in the XML for the final store submission - that way I'm able to easily test the uploaded final build on the device! (to make sure the .ipa file got uploaded correctly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely the app gets rejected if it has the beta entitlements still in it? Also, to test on devices you would be using an Ad Hoc provisioning profile, and you need an App Store one for the final submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My app didn't get rejected - even WITH the beta entitlements in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked well for me as well.

One thing further to note though, if you go back to doing local builds direct to device you may get a verification error if the Beta Entitlement is still in there, which it can be.  My solution now is to maintain two versions of the text file yourappname-app.xml swapping the one not currently being used to another holding name.  Make both files read only and make sure the one for the iTunesConnect includes the Beta Entitlement line whilst the other does not.  Of course if you make other changes (such as the version number) you'll have to go back into the file, temporarily make it writable, make the change you want then make it read only again.

This is a bit of a hassle and really Adobe should fix this.  I was surprised it was not catered for within the latest version of Flash Professional CC 2015 - where an Ad Hoc build is selected the Beta Entitlement should not be included, whereas where an App Store build is requested it should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines