• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR is only able to make maximum 4 requests at a time

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR is only able to make maximum 4 requests at a time. Is there some way to increase this limit ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of requests do you mean? For example, are you meaning HTTP requests in a web view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, HTTP requests, the application makes only 4 concurrent calls and then waits for at least one to return a response before making another one.

Is there any such limitation ? Can we increase such limit ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm doing CreateJS I set the number of concurrent connections to 6. That's because I tested a lot of browsers, and the mobile ones, and some desktop ones, were limited to 6. The highest number was for IE 11, which could do 11. It wasn't worth special casing the ones faster than 6, because it was mainly the mobile ones that needed the performance help. CreateJS defaults to 1, so the change I did could make the page load up to six times faster.

Just going from 4 to 6 may not be so dramatic. I'm not sure where AIR inherits the safe 4 value from, but you could read topics like this one:

Maximum concurrent request

that suggests it comes from a system limit. It used to be limited to 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Does AIR have a configuration to increase the maximum number of outgoing http requests ?

I have tried different approaches but AIR is only sending 4 maximum requests at a time.

Can someone from Adobe also comment on this ? Is this a limitation in AIR ?

Please confirm if there is no way to bypass this, I will have to start searching for different alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines