• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR SDK 16 (and 15): live stream video pauses when from non-iOS to iOS

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using either sdk 15 or 16, when live streaming video through media server, if I go from iOS to iOS devices, no issue. If I go from non-iOS device to iOS device, the non-iOS device receives the video and audio fine from the iOS device, but on the iOS device the video it receives freezes (almost from the start, after a couple of frames, then long, long pause of freeze - minutes long - then a few more frames, then freezing, etc.) - the audio is fine, it appears to be just the video. I have tested this with android to android (fine), android to desktop (fine), iOS to iOS (fine), android to iOS (freezing video only on iOS side), iOS to desktop (freezing only on iOS side).

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Hey!

Found the total solution.

I've got this problem and stuck - the same situation totally as the author. But it comes from the 3.5 Air, in 3.1. it works ok, but not compatible with modern IOS8-9.

So, the solution is very simple, and it was the last thing i left to check - why didn't i do it earlier?) 2 weeks spend.

Set the android microphone codec to SpeeX, NOT Nellymosser.

Why? Who knows... but it works.

That's it. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, this is happening for live streaming rtmp streams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue and would interested to know if anyone has an answer as well.  Let me provide some detail of the things I have tried which unfortunately do not work:

• Tried various combinations of setting the sender and receiver NetStream bufferTime and bufferTimeMax to zero or non-zero values.  I usually leave the settings to zero because I am streaming live data.
  • Tried varying the SoundMixer.audioPlaybackMode to VOICE and MEDIA, in my case I prefer VOICE, neither appeared to have an impact.
  • Tried commenting out various parts of the application to see if performance was an issue, but it did not help.
  • I also stepped up iOS devices to the newest version of iOS and that did not help.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue, when live stream going from non-iOS to iOS (as stated earlier). I have tried many variants (thanks Dr. Danny) but none seem to fix the issue. I have tried the latest 17 beta sdk using latest iOS on iPhone 4/5/6 and iPads and same result. I am using a video object for display, but wonder if I could/should use videotexture ? Anyone tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VideoTexture is a HUGE improvement for video on Windows and iOS. I am testing on Windows 8 and iPhone 6, but VideoTexture is still in beta and will take a few more months to get the kinks worked out. It is working for me on iOS sometimes, and whenever it works the pixels have a transparency applied to them. I have logged that pixel transparency bug here:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3936111

Also you will notice that Adobe has mentioned the following in the known issues section:

• [Air Desktop] [Video Texture] Video is not playing if texture is used as ConcreteTexture of starling.(3949908)

(Release Notes | Flash Player® 17 AIR® 17)

On iOS the VideoTexture seems to work for MP4s loaded directly from the file system, but RTMP is not ready yet. But when it is ready, I suggest that you adopt it immediately since VideoTexture is where Adobe is focusing it's video efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

Found the total solution.

I've got this problem and stuck - the same situation totally as the author. But it comes from the 3.5 Air, in 3.1. it works ok, but not compatible with modern IOS8-9.

So, the solution is very simple, and it was the last thing i left to check - why didn't i do it earlier?) 2 weeks spend.

Set the android microphone codec to SpeeX, NOT Nellymosser.

Why? Who knows... but it works.

That's it. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow  ... that actually works. I have tested with SDK 19 desktop to iOS and Android to iOS, using mic.codec = SoundCodec.SPEEX; and it works! Thanks so much, been doing work arounds for some time on this issue. Still, not sure why it does work, and why we need to do this ... Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has left us, we need to just accept the solution as is perhaps will create a bug post, maybe they will fix it / or explain, but it is definitely a bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Submitted a bug here:
Bug#4093173 - IOS netstream video, streamed from Android, downgrades FPS to 0 and freezes.

Hope this will be fixed in future Speex is a good solution, but AIR working as expected is better)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines