• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air SDK 20.0.0.204 can't compile ANEs on iOS?

Participant ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the release note, with Air 20 you have added support for AIR 64-bit on Mac OS X this is all good and as it sounds, it shouldn't effect the iOS side but it seems like something has gone wrong on the iOS side now. if you try to compile any ANE (or at least the ones that we tested with) on your project for iOS, you will receive the following error message and it does not build the .ipa file.

Compilation failed while executing : ld64

we have tested this on a 64-bit Windows 7

using the RichWebView ANE here: myflashlab/webView-ANE · GitHub

I remember there was a similar problem before (can't remember exactly, but I think it was Air 16) and we were able to compile .ipa on a mac only not a windows So, we'll try a shot with Mac also to see if we can compile the .ipa on Mac or not and I will update this post when did the test but in the meanwhile that would be great if someone from Adobe can confirm if this is a bug or something?

Thanks

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , emstris‌

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We will try to reproduce this at our end and update you soon.

-Roshan

Air Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emstris‌,

We tried to reproduce the issue with the ane mentioned above (downloaded from the link webView-ANE/FD/lib at master · myflashlab/webView-ANE · GitHub) on Win 7 machine and also on different Java versions 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8. However on all the attempts we manage to package the ane with a basic helloworld app successfully.

Kindly upload a sample app in the dropbox in which you can reproduce this error. We will help you on the same.

-Roshan

Adobe AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did? That's weird because we just tested on a Mac and we faced the very same ld64 error message!

for a sample, app, can you try the FlashDevelop sample project here: webView-ANE/FD at master · myflashlab/webView-ANE · GitHub The only change you need to do to this sample project is to change the path from Air SDK 19-190 to the new SDK V20 in webView-ANE/SetupSDK.bat at master · myflashlab/webView-ANE · GitHub

do you still can compile with no problem on this sample project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tests Roshan, Alright, we investigated into this more carefully and here is what we found.

you see, we are compiling using command lines only and we are using the following line for debug compiling on iOS:

set IOS_DEV_SIGNING_OPTIONS=-hideAneLibSymbols yes -storetype pkcs12 -keystore "%IOS_DEV_CERT_FILE%" -storepass %IOS_DEV_CERT_PASS% -provisioning-profile %IOS_PROVISION_DEV%

we are using the command "hideAneLibSymbols" so we won't have ANE conflicts if we are using more than one ANE in a project.

So, we found out that when using Air SDK 20.0.0.204 we have to set "-hideAneLibSymbols no" and the ANE will compile and function correctly but the problem now is that we can't use more than one ANE in a project without that command to be true and when it's true, it throws the ld64 error thing.

in your test, you probably used this ANE only and you had that command set to false. that's why you didn't face any errors. Please try what I suggested now and you will be able to duplicate the bug Thanks a lot for your great works on Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the issue.

We have now reproduced the issue, and our team is looking into this. We will update you once the bug is fixed.

-Roshan

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?

We've got it too. Still not fixed in 20.0.0.225.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing "-hideAneLibSymbols yes" and adding "-Xverbose" revealed there is a problem linking symbols related to CGImageSource.

Indeed they are missing from ImageIO.framework bundled with AIRSDK 20.

I've temporarily fixed the issue by copying ImageIO from AIRSDK 19, but this is ugly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2016 Jan 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roshan Chhetri‌ Even after more investigations, we found new problems related to the same issue which I explained in details here: Any .a library built with Xcode 7.2 will be buggy?

MyFLashLabs Team

myflashlabs Team (@myflashlab) | Twitter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Any news on this? We too can't build our app because of this issue

Do you have any estimate on when this could be fixed?

Best Regards

Eldar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roshan Chhetri‌ We couldn't wait any longer on this fix so, we upgraded all our ANEs to bypass the problem. developers who are using our ANEs just need to set "-hideAneLibSymbols no" on Air 20 or 19 or 18 and their project will compile just fine. http://www.myflashlabs.com/urgent-fix-on-our-anes-required-for-air-sdk-v20-or-higher/

yet, it's good to have that bug fixed anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roshan Chhetri‌ Same problem here. We have a complex ANE which is for live sat tv and uses ffmpeg and live555. We cannot build the ane without using -hideANELibSymbols yes

Please let us know when the bug is fixed it is a real showstopper for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, All,

We are working on fixing the issue and will let you know about the fix soon.

Thanks a lot for the Patience.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Can you please try with the latest beta AIR SDK present in : Download Adobe AIR 21 Beta - Adobe Labs

Kindly let me know the result.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Roshan,

I've tested with latest beta version of Adobe AIR - the result is the same - can't package app for iOS with -hideANELibSymbols yes and multiple ANEs.

Best Regards

Eldar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another issue I cannot load any files with URL stream with the new Beta when packaging with -hideANELibSymbols yes.

I get Error #2032 from every file and status 0. The same projekt works with air20 and without the trouble ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Benedikt,

Please try to add this into InfoAdditions section of your descriptor file:

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>

<dict>

<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>

<true/>

</dict>

This is the new thing for iOS 9. Maybe this will help you with #2032 issue.

Best Regards

Eldar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  PiRREST‌

We will look into your issue kindly share the ane's you are looking at also try to compile it in Mac machine (if you are not doing it already)

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roshan!

I'm on Mac. When I'm trying to package the app for iOS Simulator I'm getting this:

Знімок екрана 2016-02-03 о 18.38.02.png

Please note the 3rd warning, it doesn't show tag name.

This is AIR 21.0.0.123. Exactly the same was with AIR 20.

Using AIR 20 I'm getting the same thing when trying to package for iOS device. But with AIR 21 we have another issue: conflict with softKeyboardType in SkinnableTextBase (Apache Flex). That is another story - it is mentioned in release notes.

Extensions that I'm trying to work with:

<extensionID>com.distriqt.Dialog</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.distriqt.Notifications</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.distriqt.Battery</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.distriqt.Core</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.distriqt.PushNotifications</extensionID>

<extensionID>com.distriqt.AndroidSupport</extensionID>

Output above was with -Xverbose. Unfortunately I can't see the full output because of bug in current version of IntelliJ Idea, it is truncated and not selectable (that bug is reported already to JetBrains).

Here is the output without -Xverbose:

Знімок екрана 2016-02-03 о 18.28.08.png

Please let me know if you need something else.

Best Regards

Eldar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to publish an iOS ipa in Flash Professional CC 2015 with AIR 20.0.0.260 ... getting the same issue 'invalid input'. There are 2 ANE's in the project.

Wondering if there is a workaround or bug fix currently.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am looking for the ane's using which I can reproduce the issue. It will be geat if some one can provide me the same.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 2 ANE's from distriqt:

PDF Reader

com.distriqt.PDFReader

https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-PDFReader

com.distriqt.Message

https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-Message

FYI, these are not free ANEs, you do need a license key to use them fully.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roshan Chhetri‌ Although we have updated all our ANEs to bypass the problem, you can still find the older versions in our GitHub repository.

take these two for example:

webView-ANE/richWebView.ane at 720e3605c112e84778577ba0342f136830871edf · myflashlab/webView-ANE · G...

https://github.com/myflashlab/GCM-ANE/blob/f9ac6d5f50aea1af92fb108c7b8c9d911eef0efb/FD/lib/gcm.ane

add them to your project and try to compile. as said before, you need to set -hideAneLibSymbols yes and that will break the compilation.

I hope this would help you identify the problem faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi emstris‌,

We are able to reproduce this issue at our end only on Win. We will let you know as soon as we have the fix for it.

-Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roshan Chhetri‌ we still have a bug with the FacebookAPI ANE from distriqt.

I get these errors when packaging the ipa including the ANE with the -hideAneLibSymbols

duplicate symbol _DB in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

duplicate symbol _DV in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

duplicate symbol _DM in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

duplicate symbol _BI_FP in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

duplicate symbol _F1 in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

duplicate symbol _F2 in libcom.distriqt.FacebookAPI.a(DTFBBigInteger.o)

Maybe you and @michaelarchbold could figure something out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines