Highlighted

AIR SDK 22 and up crashes iOS app with StageVideo and Beacon ANE used in the app

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue on iOS iPad with stageVideo. We have a splash video playing at the beginning when app is launched. Starting from AIR 22 and up there seems to be a conflict between AIR and the beacon ANE. However the ANE works fine with stageVideo with AIR 21 and previous versions of AIR.

The app crashes at start when the Location Service permission popup up comes up. If I remove Beacon ANE then the app works fine.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR SDK 22 and up crashes iOS app with StageVideo and Beacon ANE used in the app

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into an issue on iOS iPad with stageVideo. We have a splash video playing at the beginning when app is launched. Starting from AIR 22 and up there seems to be a conflict between AIR and the beacon ANE. However the ANE works fine with stageVideo with AIR 21 and previous versions of AIR.

The app crashes at start when the Location Service permission popup up comes up. If I remove Beacon ANE then the app works fine.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 15, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be worth following this github page:

https://github.com/distriqt/ANE-Beacon/issues/42

see if you have the same issue they were investigating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my post in the Distriqt github. I have not been able to use the ANE above AIR 21, so I decided to turn to Adobe forum here to see if anyone has any insight...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I wondered if it was you. The Distriqt guys are usually good, and it could well be a StageVideo issue. I have used the Beacon ANE and I've used StageVideo, but not both in the same app.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 15, 2017 0