Highlighted

AIR SDK bug: Fast AOT compilation causes app crash

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem in two different apps - one compiled in Flash Builder, the other is a Flash IDE app. Both include runtime loaded SWFs - not sure whether that's relevant.

Both apps crash whenever I compile using the new fast AOT mode; but not when -useLegacyAOT is on. In Flash IDE this means NOT checking the "use fast compiler" option in the AIR publish settings.

For more details about the bug, refer to Bug#3942042 - Application crash ONLY when using new fast AOT

Latest AIR, Flex SDK, Flash Builder, Flash IDE.

I'm not using ANY 3D features at all, just straight up MovieClips and Bitmaps and whatnot. Very simple apps that seem to crash when the stage needs to redraw. (More accurately, when the user interacts with the app and the app transitions to a new "view" or "screen" which has a new background Bitmap and big changes to the display list).

Any thoughts? Or vote for the bug!

Thank you

Tom

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR SDK bug: Fast AOT compilation causes app crash

Contributor ,
Feb 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem in two different apps - one compiled in Flash Builder, the other is a Flash IDE app. Both include runtime loaded SWFs - not sure whether that's relevant.

Both apps crash whenever I compile using the new fast AOT mode; but not when -useLegacyAOT is on. In Flash IDE this means NOT checking the "use fast compiler" option in the AIR publish settings.

For more details about the bug, refer to Bug#3942042 - Application crash ONLY when using new fast AOT

Latest AIR, Flex SDK, Flash Builder, Flash IDE.

I'm not using ANY 3D features at all, just straight up MovieClips and Bitmaps and whatnot. Very simple apps that seem to crash when the stage needs to redraw. (More accurately, when the user interacts with the app and the app transitions to a new "view" or "screen" which has a new background Bitmap and big changes to the display list).

Any thoughts? Or vote for the bug!

Thank you

Tom

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2015 1

Have something to add?