Highlighted

AIR SDK License Question

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly a question for Adobe staff. As part of our Breeze project, we are building a command-line tool to manage AIR SDK versions. You'll be able to download any version of the AIR SDK or beta versions via command line. For example this command would download the AIR 25 SDK to your local machine:

breeze air install 25

However we want to make sure that we are in compliance with the SDK license agreement. The downloads will be pulled directly from Adobe's servers so we won't be redistributing it, just providing an interface for easier access to the SDKs.

Please let me know if you need more information or feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to continue this discussion in private.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

AIR SDK License Question

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly a question for Adobe staff. As part of our Breeze project, we are building a command-line tool to manage AIR SDK versions. You'll be able to download any version of the AIR SDK or beta versions via command line. For example this command would download the AIR 25 SDK to your local machine:

breeze air install 25

However we want to make sure that we are in compliance with the SDK license agreement. The downloads will be pulled directly from Adobe's servers so we won't be redistributing it, just providing an interface for easier access to the SDKs.

Please let me know if you need more information or feel free to send me a direct message if you'd like to continue this discussion in private.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2017 0
Contributor ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Adobe staff but it may be helpful to point out that the Apache Flex Installer app downloads the AIR SDK. The motivation is the same - user convenience. If you don't hear back from Adobe it may be worthwhile to inquire on the Apache Flex dev list. I'm guessing that the devs there are pretty knowledgeable about these issues. Here's a link to their list page:

Apache Flex® - Mailing Lists and User Forums

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Douglas, we'll certainly check that out if Adobe does not respond.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2017 0