Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air SDK v23 iOS unable to package .ipa with ANEs - ld64 error

Contributor ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're not able to compile our app for iOS with Air SDK v23. We see lots of these for each of the ANEs we use:

[java]   "_com.mycompany.SomeANEName-7_7_aotInfo.67", referenced from:

[java]       _aotInfos in aotInfo.o

followed by one of these and then failure:

[java] ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

[java] Compilation failed while executing : ld64

BUILD FAILED

We can package for Android just fine. Is this a known issue with the beta?

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Are you using multiple swf's when packaging through the command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2016 Aug 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We have tried to package the App with ANE and it get successfully packaged with our latest beta. Could you please share your App resources so that we can investigate the issue in a better way.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm that you are making a release (not debug) .ipa, and can you post a link to the binary of the ANE you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK this is strange.. when I make a release build using intelliJ, it works with AIR v23. When I try to do the same thing with Ant or from the commandline (which works with v22 and has worked for years with the same script), it fails with the above errors. I thought IntelliJ and/or Flash Builder just used the same adt.. any ideas about changes in v23 which would break packaging via ant or the command line? How are you making the build that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share with me what method you used to package the app? Were you able to package an app with an ANE for iOS from the command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using multiple swf's when packaging through the command line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we have a preloader and a main swf. (Edit: aha, and when I packaged in the IDE I made the version with no preloader..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for putting this in Known Issues - I was questioning my sanity (and spending a lot of time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We are investigating this issue on priority and shall be able to update you on this soon. We were asking questions just to be sure that we are investigating in the right direction.

Thanks,

Ankit

Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the released version of Air SDK 23, we are now able to package our app (which contains multiple SWFs and ANEs) on iOS, but it crashes soon after startup with

9/13/16, 12:45:06 PM mediaserverd[25]: 12:45:06.521 ERROR:    [0x16e1bb000] 1979: No read permission for property: 'ovrd'; session id: 0x19089

9/13/16, 12:45:06 PM <OurApp>[495]: VerifyError - Error #1107: The ABC data is corrupt, attempt to read out of bounds.

Was this meant to be working in the release version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We are now able to package the app(having multiple SWFs and ANEs) and the app is running fine without any crashes. Could you please share your sample App resources so that we can investigate in a better way.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately, I can't release the code of the app I work on to Adobe. It's possible that sometime in the next couple of weeks I may be able to develop a special app just for you guys to demonstrate the problem, but frankly I would advise you to look into it further on your own, since this a critical bug in the release - not Beta - version of your framework.

Actually, how about this. Release to me the source code of Adobe AIR and I'm sure I can convince my bosses to hand over the code to our app to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you tested this, did both the SWFs contain AS3 code including code referencing the ANEs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines