Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AIR Stage3D super slow when window is maximized

New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using Stage3D (tested with all the different profiles) and it runs fine when the window is normal. But once it's maximized, the framerate drops to 34 (usually 60) on a scene with very few elements (I'm using ND2Dx which can usually show thousands of elements at 60fps without any problem)

I've even tried to extend the window progressively until I reach the full size of my screen and it runs at 60fps until I'm a few pixels near the full size of the screen (the window stays in "normal" mode, not maximized) and then drops to +-35fps again.

I'm on Windows Vista 32bits, using AIR sdk 18 beta (tried with stable release sdk 17).

It was working fine before (I could not say with which sdk though)

Anyone else has this "bug" ?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for reporting the issue. I have tested this issue on my machine. This issue is not reproducible.Could you share with us your Stage3D app, so that I can verify it.On maximizing I couldn't see any decrease in framerate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

here is a link with a test app in AIR:

http://www.open-design.be/projects/airstage3d/nd2dx_air_bug_maximized.zip

It happens inside the IDE (Flash CS5.5) and outside when compiled into an AIR app.

It seems that the problem only occurs when context3D.present(); is called.

My config is:

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32bits)

Intel Cor 2 Duo E8400

GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines