Highlighted

Air StageWebView html5 content vs native browser performance

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using StageWebView for displaying a html5 contents (a simple game) in AIR mobile app. On some devices with Android 4.4, Nexus 4 for ex., html5 in StageWebView has 10 FPS instead of 50-60 in mobile Google Chrome on same device! But StageWebView uses same Chrome version on device... It's a magic!

How it's possible? How to improve performance in StageWebView?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air StageWebView html5 content vs native browser performance

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using StageWebView for displaying a html5 contents (a simple game) in AIR mobile app. On some devices with Android 4.4, Nexus 4 for ex., html5 in StageWebView has 10 FPS instead of 50-60 in mobile Google Chrome on same device! But StageWebView uses same Chrome version on device... It's a magic!

How it's possible? How to improve performance in StageWebView?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2014 0
Contributor ,
Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  I am seeing some poor scroll performance on the stagewebview with 4.4+ on Nexus 7 and 5.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2014 0