• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air support for Intel based Android devices

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is currently developing a cross-platform app, but we've hit a snag - it won't run on Intel based Android devices.

The reason we chose Air is because we thought it would be truly cross-platform for the benefit of our customers, but it seems we missed this information somehow...

We want our customers to be able to use our solution on any Android device, and we're not sure how much this limitation will affect this (we need to consider the worst case scenario).

We are now fairly far into development and while we don't want to drop this project and start over using another framework which will work on all Android devices, we do need to take it into consideration.

I have read the documentation and I know that as it currently stands, information about Intel support has not been made public.

But, for our business decisions and for our customers, we do need to know is if supporting these devices is on the roadmap in any shape or form, or if it will probably never be supported?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robbo, I'm exactly at the same point you were on April, what framework did you choose? I'm still wating for news from adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem, do you know if adobe has find a solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet, Adobe just released the new Road Map but does not mention Android based on Intel processor.

I wrote a tweet to @BillAtAdobe and @FlashDaily but had no answer. My client had decide to go with HTML5 because of that. :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have taken the approach of creating two versions - we started off in AIR (since it does more of what we need at this moment in time), and more recently one in HTML5.

Ultimately, once we get the full feature set implemented on the HTML5 version then we will drop the AIR version completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Unfortunately, I think i will do like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it helps, but I chose to use Xamarin instead. Managed to auto convert about 80% of the ActionScript code into C#. The rest 20% is UI code only which has to be different for iOS and Android. The whole project took about 1.5 months (just iOS so far) and the new app was submitted to Apple yesterday. The process was pretty smooth and I didn't really face any serious issues with the platform. Now I'm waiting for my users feedback. The platform still has to prove itself though since my testing was quite limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think that´s the way, Adobe just post the addition of Workers for Android and soon for IOS too, it´s very interesting. We are keeping AIR project untill the HTML5 versions comes to life. It´s a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines