Highlighted

Air & Windows, memory limitation.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe.

Is it possible for air app to allocate more than 1 gb of memory on windows?

If no, have you any plans to improve it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Air & Windows, memory limitation.

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe.

Is it possible for air app to allocate more than 1 gb of memory on windows?

If no, have you any plans to improve it?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 04, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yadra,

I have been asking the same question for over a year. The solution is to deliver the 64bit version for windows, which is right now the only platform that does not support it. OSX have it for more than a year now.

This is currently a limitation that is affecting my customers and I'm looking forward for a solution as well. It gets worse when you need to implement workers, as each one takes generally 50Mb of ram to start... and if you need native processes and ANEs those also consume some...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2016 0
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be there is some third party 64 bit swf projectors like Zinc?

I tested Zinc, but exe file created in it allocates about 1 gb again.

It realy strange situation that as swiff in browser it has no this limitation,

but as standalone app has one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 05, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would be happy if the App could at least use 2GB of RAM ... other 32bit apps can do... so should Air.

Could someone from Adobe explain if there is a real technical limitation behind? Or is it some sort of Design-Decision to make the Air-Executable more stable on Systems with only 2/4GB of RAM?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please consider that a 64bit Version might mean that most ANEs for Windows will not work anymore (not that there are many, still...)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2016 0