Highlighted

Alternative to Installer Badge

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fairly successfully used the AIR installer badge to deploy my application for some years now [link removed by moderator] but have occasional problems with customers being unsuccessful with the installation insofar as the badge very quickly goes to say "Try Again" or the installer file is damaged.  I can usually have success if I get them to manually install AIR and then manually install our application (usually after they have turned off their anti-virus and firewall) but it is not a very good customer experience.  There can also be problems nowadays with people using new Mac computers as Apple do not pre-install Flash which means that the standard badge will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas for alternative one-click installation solutions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Alternative to Installer Badge

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fairly successfully used the AIR installer badge to deploy my application for some years now [link removed by moderator] but have occasional problems with customers being unsuccessful with the installation insofar as the badge very quickly goes to say "Try Again" or the installer file is damaged.  I can usually have success if I get them to manually install AIR and then manually install our application (usually after they have turned off their anti-virus and firewall) but it is not a very good customer experience.  There can also be problems nowadays with people using new Mac computers as Apple do not pre-install Flash which means that the standard badge will not work.

Does anyone have any ideas for alternative one-click installation solutions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 03, 2015 0

Have something to add?