Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android: Add alternative Icon for notifications

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm looking to be able to package an alternative icon resource (i.e. an Android drawable resource) with an Android application.

This is necessary to use as icons for Notifications in the status bar. With the recent Android versions these icons are flat, transparent and white only.

I know I can use an ANE to include these resources, however I'd like to be able to give AIR developers the ability to add these resources with their application and use our ANE to access them. This requires the ability to add specific resources along with the AIR packaging of the application. Currently our only option is to use the application icon which in many cases is inappropriate for the status bar.

Something simple like being able to include a 'res' directory with additional resources would be enough to add a lot of features for us.

Any chance of adding this feature?

Cheers,

Michael

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com
TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelarchbold,

Thank you for the heads up. Can you please open a bug report at Home, so that we can set this problem as a new feature request.

Also we recommend anyone who is effect by this issue give it a vote, and leave a comment on how it impact your work and development so that we can adjust its priority accordingly.

Thanks

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

I've logged a feature request here: Feature#4060095 - Add custom resources on Android

Let me know if you need any more information.

Cheers

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Source from here: Customizing Notifications · OneSignal Push Notification Service Documentation

Starting with Android 5, the OS forces the notification icon to be all white when your app targets Android API 21+. If you don't make a correct small icon, it will most likely be displayed as a solid white square or circle in the status bar.

Android 3.0 and higher

These icons are expected to be entirely white.

• res/drawable-mdpi-v11/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png 24x24 pixels
  • res/drawable-hdpi-v11/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png 36x36 pixels
  • res/drawable-xhdpi-v11/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png 48x48 pixels
  • res/drawable-xxhdpi-v11/ic_stat_onesignal_default.png 72x72 pixels

All the above sizes I can set fine but as soon as I add the icon size <image24x24>icons/24x24.png</image24x24> to my app.xml config file. I get the error 'application.icon.image24x24 is an unexpected element/attribute' when I try to publish my App with Adobe Air 19.0.0.213

If we could add support for 24x24 then we should technically be able to provide the white versions of the notification icon if I understand this correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines