Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android ANE with Java annotations

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am encountering a runtime error about missing annotations when running AIR app for Android that uses ANE with JAR that includes Java annotations (it is Retrofit library).

I found this post on StackOverflow about ADT stripping Java annotations. Could anybody from the staff confirm this? Is there a way to avoid this?

I could send a test ANE over, if needed.

Cheers

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same issue.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get any answers from Adobe on this issue - not even confirmation that they know about it.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution to this or has anyone logged a bug with Adobe? I'm encountering the same issue with an ANE we are currently building for a client.

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not find a solution and I ended up using a different library. I have not created a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems,

If anyone else wants to get this resolved I've logged a bug here: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=4071110

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please share a sample project so that we can debug this issue?

-Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a set of three projects to demonstrate the issue.  One is the Java code using annotations, one is the Flex code for the ANE, and the third one is the Flex mobile app that uses the ANE.

It's really simple - just debug the Flex mobile app on an android device, hit the button in the app, and watch the messages in Logcat -- you'll only see log messages up to the point where the Retrofit-service is called.

annotations.zip - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting that Brian,

I'm really busy at the moment, but piyushb89979246‌ if you need another example let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I have logged an internal bug for the same.

Also we recommend anyone who is effect by this issue give it a vote, and leave a comment on how it impact your work and development so that we can adjust its priority accordingly.

-Adobe AIR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

We have fixed the crash issue in latest AIR 25 beta available at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

However, the application is making network calls on the main thread which is resulting in another crash and needs to be fixed. Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

Krati | Adobe AIR Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines