Highlighted

Android: Game crashes on some phones, but works on others. Any ideas?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here so forgive me if I do anything wrong, so  I've been practising my skills in AS3 by making some games for android. I sent the generated APK to some people and some of them said it worked, but the others said that it crashed when they opened it.

There weren't any problems during installation, just when they opened the game.

Worked:

- Samsung Galaxy Fame

Failed:

- HTC One M7

- Samsung S4 Mini

The target version was 'AIR 3.2 for Android'.

Link for the APK:

MEGA

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Android: Game crashes on some phones, but works on others. Any ideas?

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here so forgive me if I do anything wrong, so  I've been practising my skills in AS3 by making some games for android. I sent the generated APK to some people and some of them said it worked, but the others said that it crashed when they opened it.

There weren't any problems during installation, just when they opened the game.

Worked:

- Samsung Galaxy Fame

Failed:

- HTC One M7

- Samsung S4 Mini

The target version was 'AIR 3.2 for Android'.

Link for the APK:

MEGA

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 25, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm well first thing is to get yourself on Air 15 or the beta 16. There's a lot of people in the tech world trying to kill flash so they make things incompatible as soon as the Air engineers get it right. It's always best to use the latest. I would say compile for 15 and see what happens.

It's possible there's something your not trapping or you've set for just your phone and not others. GPS is one in particular I know can differ between devices so you have to add a bunch of handler code ( waiting for it to heat up and loc on the coords ) to cover all devices.

Other solutions are getting one of the devices it's failing on and connect it to the debugger to see what's being thrown. That's the bane of mobile is you have to have about 5-10 devices around you at all time to test with. Recommend iPad, iPod/iPhone, Android phone/tablet both recent and 3 year old models.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2015 0