Highlighted

Android M permissions

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe AIR going to be compatible with the new permission system on Android? I have upgraded the targetSDKVersion to 23, only to find out, that some AIR Apps are no longer working (crashing or freezing) on devices with Android 6.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Android M permissions

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe AIR going to be compatible with the new permission system on Android? I have upgraded the targetSDKVersion to 23, only to find out, that some AIR Apps are no longer working (crashing or freezing) on devices with Android 6.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harry,

pointing targetSDKVersion to 23 will require the permissions to be asked in run time before we use or initialize feature.

If required, For now we can create native extensions of our own to handle permissions flow.

Best,

Bharani

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also a lot of problem with the latest android versions.

Mainly

java.lang.SecurityException

Msg: (Permission Denial: reading com.android.providers.media.MediaProvider uri content://media/external/images/media from pid=31998, uid=10142 requires android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, or grantUriPermission())

It's very annoying because we don't have access to the android permission scheme, so there is no way to catch it. Just the app doesn't work or crash.

A workaround would be to change the targetSdkVersion to less than 23. Unfortunately google refuse the downgrade the targetSdkVersion.

So once you set the targetSdkVersion to 23 and publish you have the problem... and then  can't go back. This is extremely annoying because it's just kill any air app on Marshmallow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2016 0
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I'm writing native extension to handle it, but so far I don't know how to catch result from the requester.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an ane and as3 code that handles this fine on Marshmallow. So if anyone is interested just pm me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2016 0
Oldes LATEST
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get working own basic version.. it is freely available here:

GitHub - Oldes/ANEAndroidPermissions: Adobe Native Extension (ANE) for Android to deal with new perm...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2016 1