Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android: Maintain 2 builds with Air 19 and Air 22

Advocate ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I want to update our games with an Air 22 version so that all users will be able to play with Android N installed. At the same time, we would like to continue supporting Android 2.x with Air 19.

What I did was I created a version of our app with version code x.x.20 with Air 22 and a version x.x.10 with Air 19. My expectation was that Google would send all users with Android 4 and higher the Air 22 version and all users with Android 2.x the Air 19 version. However when I upload the x.x.10 version to Google Play I receive the error message: All configurations that could receive x.x.10 would receive x.x.20 instead. Meaning Google Play does not identify the Air 22 build as incompatible to Android 2.x, is that correct?

What has to be done in order to support both builds?

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

rewb0rn wrote:

I should set minSdkVersion to 14 for Android 4 and above, correct?

Yes, that should make the build available only for devices running Android 4+.

rewb0rn wrote:

But more importantly, how can I find out which targetSdkVersion is supported by the current Air SDK?

I'm not sure if this is documented somewhere, however, I remember seeing AIR devs having trouble when explicitly setting the value of targetSdkVersion to 23. They ended up setting the value to 19. See this link for more information

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried setting minSdkVersion for your AIR 22 build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I think this might be the issue. I researched and it looks like I should set minSdkVersion to 14 for Android 4 and above, correct? But more importantly, how can I find out which targetSdkVersion is supported by the current Air SDK?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rewb0rn wrote:

I should set minSdkVersion to 14 for Android 4 and above, correct?

Yes, that should make the build available only for devices running Android 4+.

rewb0rn wrote:

But more importantly, how can I find out which targetSdkVersion is supported by the current Air SDK?

I'm not sure if this is documented somewhere, however, I remember seeing AIR devs having trouble when explicitly setting the value of targetSdkVersion to 23. They ended up setting the value to 19. See this link for more information. I don't know if this is fixed in AIR SDK 22. You shouldn't need to set it to 23 though in order for it to work on Android 6+.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, it works now. I use targetSdkVersion="21" for now, which is the only documented version I found (here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_20_air_20_release_notes.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines