Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 Stagetext constructor crash

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been developing an application for just over 2 years, and have been successfully using the StageText class to display a user input dialog. I just got two separate devices, one is a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and the other is a Samsung Galaxy S6. Both of these devices are running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 and both devices crash when running a very simple line of code:

var st:StageText = new StageText();

The error that flash builder is showing is:

Error: Error #3694: The object was disposed by an earlier call of dispose() on it.

at flash.text::StageText/init()

at flash.text::StageText()

I have tried running this code on Adobe Air 22, Adobe Air 23, and Adobe Air 24 beta. All versions cant seem to handle whatever is going on. Please, anyone with any insight, let me know what to do to fix this.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Are you using the starling in your application or just creating a sample action script project for stageText.

It will be very helpful for us if you can share a sample project with us so that we can investigate it further.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deesharm,

I am NOT using Starling in this particular application. I have created a test project to attempt to recreate the issue in a much simpler application. In this test application I am not seeing the same behaviors, although that doesn't mean that my problem is solved. The behavior is strange because my code works very well on iOS (iOS 7 through iOS 10) and on lower android versions (lower than Android 6.0.1). I am still trying to find the differences, I think I have narrowed it down to an application setting. If I insert this line:

var st:StageText = new StageText();

at the entry point of the application, it will crash my project that I have been working on for a long time, but it will not crash the new test application. Still tinkering....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

I tried with a sample application running it on Android 6.0.1, but I am unable to reproduce the same issue.

Please find my sample project at below location and try it running at your end.

Dropbox - StageTextWorking.zip

It will be very helpful for us if you can share a sample project with us.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@deesharm,

I am still having this issue. In the coming weeks I will need to find a solution to this problem, so in that time I will download your sample project. This bug is a weird one to track, as I have my own sample project that does work on the newer OS, but my main project is still having the same issue. Soon I will have around 150 users that will be beta testing the application, of which probably half have android phones. I will come back to this thread to help track the progress of this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I spent the better part of today searching for the problem that was causing this crash, and I found it!

Inside of flash builder, in the "Package Explorer", right click your project and select "Properties" -> then select "ActionScript Build Path" -> and then select the "Source path" tab.

If you add a directory to the "Source path", and that directory has sub-directories, and then one of those sub-directories has fonts in them, then your project will crash!

deesharm​

I copied your project "StageTextWorking" and made the proper changes to it to make it crash, then I uploaded it to github here:

GitHub - JHarding86/StageTextCrashing: How to crash stagetext in adobe air for mobile

Do a git clone on that project and then try and run it on pretty much any android 6.0 device and it will crash . Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing the information.

We are investigating it further at our end.

However, The Application will not crash if you rename the folder "fonts". The application is getting a crash only when the directory is named as "fonts".

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error as well..

My app was running just fine and then I updated to the AIR 24 beta, as to get the custom stagetext font capability, but then this error pops up.

I'm running my app through Starling, but if I run the sample StageText code prior to Starling it throws the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines