Highlighted

Android Notifications help

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone here been able to successfully create a native extension for Android that creates notifications in the notification pull down menu? I have been trying over and over and cannot seem to get anything to work. I have created other fully functional native extensions, so I have the process down, but this one seems to be alluding me on getting it to work.

Here is the sample that I have been trying to use to build the test notification:

Intent intent = new Intent(extensionContext.getActivity(), extensionContext.getActivity().getClass());

PendingIntent pIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(extensionContext.getActivity(), 0, intent, 0);

Notification mNotification = new Notification.Builder(mService)

.setContentTitle("Hello World")

.setContentText("content text")

.setSmallIcon(mContext.getResourceId("drawable.btn_pause"))

.setContentIntent(pIntent)

.build();

mNotificationManager.notify(0, mNotification);

The biggest hang up I believe I am having is on the Intent and PendingIntent and what parameters should be going there. mService is a custom Service object which is successfully being created and Toast messages confirm that. Im not getting any errors or warnings in DDMS so that is also why I am at a loss. Im not sure if I should be putting extensionContext.getActivity().getApplication() or extensionContext.getActivity().getApplicationContext() in the parameters and have tried a variety of combinations. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Android Notifications help

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone here been able to successfully create a native extension for Android that creates notifications in the notification pull down menu? I have been trying over and over and cannot seem to get anything to work. I have created other fully functional native extensions, so I have the process down, but this one seems to be alluding me on getting it to work.

Here is the sample that I have been trying to use to build the test notification:

Intent intent = new Intent(extensionContext.getActivity(), extensionContext.getActivity().getClass());

PendingIntent pIntent = PendingIntent.getActivity(extensionContext.getActivity(), 0, intent, 0);

Notification mNotification = new Notification.Builder(mService)

.setContentTitle("Hello World")

.setContentText("content text")

.setSmallIcon(mContext.getResourceId("drawable.btn_pause"))

.setContentIntent(pIntent)

.build();

mNotificationManager.notify(0, mNotification);

The biggest hang up I believe I am having is on the Intent and PendingIntent and what parameters should be going there. mService is a custom Service object which is successfully being created and Toast messages confirm that. Im not getting any errors or warnings in DDMS so that is also why I am at a loss. Im not sure if I should be putting extensionContext.getActivity().getApplication() or extensionContext.getActivity().getApplicationContext() in the parameters and have tried a variety of combinations. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 21, 2014 0

Have something to add?