Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Round Icons?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After updating our Android app manifest XML to use targetSDK=27, the app icon looks like this after installing on a device with Android 8:

Screenshot_20180605-105439.png

While if the targetSDK is 24, we see the full icon in a rounded rectangle.

We can create a round icon, but we don't know where to put it when packaging the app with Adobe Animate.

Is there a solution for this? What can we do if we want to target SDK 27?

We are building with Air SDK 29 (triggered from adobe animate)

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue after switching targetSdkVersion to 26 (which will be a requirement for all new apps on Google Play starting August 1st, 2018).

Google has guidelines here for adaptive icons, though I don't think we have the ability to manually add content to the res/mipmap directories while packaging for AIR, and just have to rely on what the compiler does for us right now. 

Other app development tools have similar issues (I have countless games on my phone that were built in Unity that also have that default small-icon-in-a-circle look), but it would be great if Adobe gave us the ability to handle adaptive icons -- at least giving us the ability to define items to send to the res color/mipmap/drawable directories for the app.  I can't find anything proving we can do this already, but if anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have anybody found solution? It seems to be serious issue now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're concerned about this, please vote for this Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines