Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android: Textfield-Cursor movement not working in Portrait

Advocate ,
Jan 22, 2015 Jan 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just deployed a new build of my Android apps with Air 16.0.0.272 and I noticed that while Portrait mode, I am unable to move the cursor in an Input Textfield with text by tapping at the location. Instead the cursor will pop up before the first letter, making it impossible to delete the text that is already there. If I rotate to Landscape, the Textfield will go fullscreen and I can move the cursor freely. Can anyone confirm this?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this issue as well when first focusing the TextField, the cursor moves to the start of the text, even though the user tapped on a word later in the sentence.

Even worse, I've noticed that tapping on the TextField sometimes does not bring up the Softkeyboard. I have to focus in and out of the TextField and eventually the softkeyboard appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2015 Feb 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could we get a bug number from http://bugbase.adobe.com so I can have the team investigate?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines