Highlighted

ANE : Access of classes in Android.os

Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working on an ANE and am hitting a seemingly insurmountable issue;

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/google/android/gms/cast/CastDevice;

Well, I checked... And CastDevice _is_ included in my ANE, but...

The problem line of my code calls CastDevice.getFromBundle and that method depends on android.os.Bundle.

However...

The android.os.Bundle is part of android.os and I not only cannot find what I _would_ add to my ANE, I am pretty sure that to do so would be catastrophically bad.

So...

In order to work with this, is there a means for me to make access to the definition of android.os.* possible?

G

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ANE : Access of classes in Android.os

Enthusiast ,
Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Working on an ANE and am hitting a seemingly insurmountable issue;

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Lcom/google/android/gms/cast/CastDevice;

Well, I checked... And CastDevice _is_ included in my ANE, but...

The problem line of my code calls CastDevice.getFromBundle and that method depends on android.os.Bundle.

However...

The android.os.Bundle is part of android.os and I not only cannot find what I _would_ add to my ANE, I am pretty sure that to do so would be catastrophically bad.

So...

In order to work with this, is there a means for me to make access to the definition of android.os.* possible?

G

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this.

Also drawing attention to stackoverflow question I have started on the same subject.

Chromecast and ANE for AIR Android apps - Accessing android.os - Stack Overflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read more about the ANE, and I see you're trying to compile an Android version, because that guy hasn't done it. I can't find another ANE that does Android, and looking at the Google documentation it seems not to be an easy process to set up an app.

I'll keep looking for another ANE. Meanwhile, you could raise issues in GITHUB with the guy whose code you've tried, to see if he can finish the Android version, and also provide a binary ANE file, so that we all don't have to get the compiling working.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0
Enthusiast ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colin.

As per my stack overflow thread, it seems like a fairly fundamental road block if the SDK refers to classes that I cannot make available.

However, I have emailed Renaud to see whether he can provide any more info.

G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the ANE and will try it later.

Did you look at the AndroidManifest.xml file? It is setting the minimum and target SDK values, have you done that in your app descriptor?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 24, 2017 0