Highlighted

ANE has recently started throwing error #3500 in Flash CC

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the same ANE for about 18 months now for native alerts in AIR on Windows desktop. Just recently AIR has started throwing the following error when trying to call any of the functions in the extension (in this example confirm is the function being called in the NativeDialog ANE):

ArgumentError: Error #3500: The extension context does not have a method with the name confirm.

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/_call()

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/call()

at com.nemenvisual::NativeDialog/confirm()

at application.ui::NativeAlert$/confirm()

at application.control::CommandCentre$/execute()

When the app is published and installed it seems to work fine - the error only occurs when debugging in Flash CC. Has a recent update to Flash introduced this or is there some way around it? I tried going back to AIR 14 and the issue still occurs so I don't think an AIR update has caused it.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ANE has recently started throwing error #3500 in Flash CC

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the same ANE for about 18 months now for native alerts in AIR on Windows desktop. Just recently AIR has started throwing the following error when trying to call any of the functions in the extension (in this example confirm is the function being called in the NativeDialog ANE):

ArgumentError: Error #3500: The extension context does not have a method with the name confirm.

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/_call()

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/call()

at com.nemenvisual::NativeDialog/confirm()

at application.ui::NativeAlert$/confirm()

at application.control::CommandCentre$/execute()

When the app is published and installed it seems to work fine - the error only occurs when debugging in Flash CC. Has a recent update to Flash introduced this or is there some way around it? I tried going back to AIR 14 and the issue still occurs so I don't think an AIR update has caused it.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 18, 2014 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've forwarded this to our Flash Pro team to see if they've seen this before.

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2014 0
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the content so that we can investigate this further?

Thanks

Akshatha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2014 0
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the ANE:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3481579/NativeDialog.ane

Can be used as follows:

import com.nemenvisual.NativeDialog;

var nd:NativeDialog = new NativeDialog();

nd.alert("Alert title", "Alert message");

This ANE is for Windows desktop only.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2015 0