• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ANE wrappers?

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is it too much to ask Adobe to provide ANE wrappers for popular Native APIs like GameCircle to AIR developers? Is there some legal reason Adobe can't provide these to the user base?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that they made ANE's specifically so they didn't have to re-write every API or native functionality and then support them.  Why not just buy the one from Milkman games?  I bought the admob and it has paid for itself 1000 times over.  You can always pay someone to develop a custom one if there are ones you can't find.

Tools « Milkman Games

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Milkman Games is great! Unfortunately, they don't have one for the GameCircle API I need to get my apps into preferred developer status for the Kindle Fire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Yeah I think you're right, the whole point of enabling native extensions was so that they could rely on the community to provide access to the 100's of native libraries that are available. We're not even just talking standard iOS/Android SDK functionality, but any third party library as well. Parse, Facebook, TestFlight etc..

If you're interested in a game services extension, we're trying to get a new cross-platform version together: Game Services AIR Native Extension by distriqt — Kickstarter

air native extensions // https://airnativeextensions.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines