• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any workarounds for audio latency on Android with AIR apps?

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like this problem has persisted for some years now and I was wondering if anyone here is aware of modern workarounds for the problem? I have a hunch that it might be due to how the mp3 was encoded but I'm not sure. The delay is about 300-500ms. This was the bug report on the problem but it was closed for apparently not being reproducible which is a shock to me: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2878728‌

Thanks for any info!

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this answers your question, but mp3s have a short delay at the beginning and end filled by encoders. When I loop sounds I always import wav files and let Flash convert it to mp3, to make it a seamless loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whatever the header is on MP3, it's certainly less than half a second. Also, the same MP3 test on iOS gives a very slight delay the first time it's played, and no delay after that. So, it's still an Android playback issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines