Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App doesn't start at full screen after Android reboots

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm developing and Android application using the Flex 4.6 SDK version and AIR 4.0 SDK. The tasks I'm concerned about are starting after the os boots up and being a full screen application.

The application has the following manifest parameters (among others):

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>
        <autoOrients>true</autoOrients>
        <fullScreen>true</fullScreen>

and:

<application android:enabled="true">
                <activity android:excludeFromRecents="true">
                            <intent-filter>
                                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                                <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                                <category android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
                            </intent-filter>
                </activity>
        </application>

So as you may see, the configuration is intended to launch the application as the HOME app, in landscape mode as soon as the device starts.

The application does in fact do everything it's supposed to but when the device boots up, the app does not starts in full screen because you can see the notification/status bar. Next you may see the problem.

STARTUP PROBLEM.png

What I need to do is to make the app start at full screen when the device boots. Now, the only way to make it start at full screen mode is to restart the application after the device finished booting up.

I must add that I also compiled the app using the AIR 14 SDK but the problem was still there. Sometimes the status bar appears and sometimes it doesn't. I thought it had something to do with the WIFI network connection but it doesn't, since on both cases, as soon as the application, if it has inmediate network connection or if it doesn't, the status bar will sometimes appear and sometimes not appear.

I hope you can help me solve this anoying problem.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Someone on the APACHE FLEX forum (link to discussion) adviced to remove the tag from the manifest and handle the issue inside my code. The result is the following:

Manifest

<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>

RootApp.mxml

/**

* Forces application to be in full-screen mode when it is added to stage.

*/

protected function addedToStageHandler(event:Event):void

{

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing make me realize that when the status bar was showing, it was exactly the same scenario as when the **fullscreen** parameter of the manifest was set to false. Could it be a bug on the parameter fullScreen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone on the APACHE FLEX forum (link to discussion) adviced to remove the tag from the manifest and handle the issue inside my code. The result is the following:

Manifest

<fullScreen>false</fullScreen>

RootApp.mxml

/**

* Forces application to be in full-screen mode when it is added to stage.

*/

protected function addedToStageHandler(event:Event):void

{

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;

}

This solved the problem. Sadly the splash screen isn't in full-screen mode so there is a very abrupt change when the app sets itself to full-screen. Even though it's not the more elegant solution and not what I would have wanted to use (solve the tag issue please), I'm sticking to this for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines