• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App installation bugaboo

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this is more of an Apple/iPad/Safari issue than an AIR for iOS  issue but there's no-one smart enough on Apple forums to answer it so here goes. I'm developing an app for an industrial client and distributing in-house test versions to my client's test team. We're using my client's Enterprise Development Certificate from Apple, and a private server and, usually, distribution is a piece of cake.

One of the team member's iPad will now not download the current version of the app. On this iPad Safari navigates to the download page correctly, but when the download link is tapped Safari says 'Cannot connect with [the name of my test server]' (which in this case is the same server that we're reading the download page from). I think that this is the message that you might ordinarily get if the .plist were not in good order or if it pointed to an ipa that was either not there or mis-named.

No other test-team iPad has this problem. We've made sure that there's enough available storage on this iPad, we've cleared profiles, cleared the Safari cache, updated the names of the .plist and .html files that we're using, all to no avail on this particular iPad. Other iPads have no prob with this. And the app's ipa bundle loads just fine on this device via iTunes.

Has anyone here seen this kind of problem before? Any suggestions besides arranging for a fatal accident for this particular iPad?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you could try reading the iPad logs in Xcode to see if anything is being reported there? Try watching the logs as you click the download link on the html page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting idea, but I develop on Windows and the iPad in question is 1000 miles away. I'll try this anyway with my own iPad just to learn how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines