Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App Installer file broken in AIR 20 and now also back in AIR 19

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.11.2 Flash Pro CC 2015

After upgrading to AIR 20 and AIR 20 SDK, my AIR for Desktop app will create an installer file but that file will not run and fails with the error "The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged".  I've reverted to version 19 (runtime and SDK) with the same results. The output from the Console app shows:

18/12/2015 10:01:02.631 Adobe AIR Application Installer[1437]: Got an unexpected fatal error while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Missing necessary file META-INF/AIR/application.xml" errorID=0]

Any suggestions how to get this to install?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I have now discovered that by altering the AppID slightly (changing one character), the application will now install.

Is there an old file that is causing the issue and so needs deleting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed this in the end but not sure why!

Ended up running the excellent Onxy maintemance/repair software from Titanium Software (http://www.titanium.free.fr/onyx.html) and now the installer works and the application installs inder AIR 20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines