• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

App installs from TestFlight but won't run on iOS 13.6 -- white screen, then black.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I found this part of Harman's release notes:

If a white screen is shown during start-up: check that the HARMAN splash images are included in your assets.car file. Note that the runtime may shut down if it doesn’t detect the appropriate splash images.

However, putting those images inside my Assets.xcassets folder did nothing to fix the problem.  I tried putting them in the root folder, then inside the LaunchImage.imageset folder and replacing LaunchImage.png with the main harman splash image.  Then I created the assets.car file using the createAssetsCar executable.  But when I updated Testflight with the new .ipa that included my updated Assets.car file, no change -- still the white screen, then the black, then nothing. 

I am using Haxe 2dkit to compile my ios build (not XCode) and I know the problem is somewhere with the interaction between Harman's Air 33.1 and ios, because my code runs fine when I publish it for every other platform (html5, and even android where I see the splash screen). 

I also know those release notes were extremely vague about *where* inside the xcassets folder we're supposed to put the harman splash images, and what we should name them.   Can anyone fill me in on this?  I'm not using any storyboards...

Any help would be appreciated, client is very unhappy right now.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines