Highlighted

Apple rejected the app because an existing audio support

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more than a month I am trying to update my app but always got the same rejected message from apple review. " Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist, but we were unable to play any audible content when the application was running in the background."

But my app isn't include audio support for background, on the Info.plist file isn't exist a single line declared audio or UIBackgroundModes.

How can be possible apple always find the declaration of audio in the UIBackgroundModes when isn't there, somebody can explain me?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apple rejected the app because an existing audio support

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more than a month I am trying to update my app but always got the same rejected message from apple review. " Your app declares support for audio in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist, but we were unable to play any audible content when the application was running in the background."

But my app isn't include audio support for background, on the Info.plist file isn't exist a single line declared audio or UIBackgroundModes.

How can be possible apple always find the declaration of audio in the UIBackgroundModes when isn't there, somebody can explain me?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 12, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're positive you don't have this in your app XML ?

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions>

<![CDATA[

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>

<array>

<string>audio</string>

</array>

]]>

</InfoAdditions>

</iPhone>

I would try deleting your XML file and creating a new one to be sure.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the app isn't include any reference to "UIBackgroundModes" .

The rare thing is I unzipped the app and check the Info.plist file and there is nothing related with background or audio.

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIStatusBarStyle</key>

<string>UIStatusBarStyleBlackOpaque</string>

<key>UIRequiresPersistentWiFi</key>

<string>NO</string>

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>1</string>

<string>2</string>

</array>

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key><false/>

]]></InfoAdditions>

I spoke with a apple representative and they says remove all audio support on the application in order to be accepted. I don't understand my app play sometimes a simple audio alert a beep and how is possible this is not allowed ?

Somebody can explain me if the audio support is allowed or not on a app?

This is how I play the sound : Utility.playSoundFile(Constants.SOUND_EXIT_PATH);

Regards,

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2016 0
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my full method to play the audio alert :

public static function playSoundFile(path:String):void{

var soundChannel:SoundChannel;

var urlRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(path);

var sound : Sound = new Sound();

sound.load(urlRequest);

soundChannel = sound.play();

soundChannel.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, function():void{

sound.play();

});

}

Something is wrong ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2016 0