Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application restart causing it to crash on samsung sm-t230

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Environment

S-SM-T230 Samsung tablet running Android 4.4.2 with Air 16 on-board.

Problem descriptions

Any air application multiple (2-3) start/close sequence or even minimize/expand causing device to freeze and crash throwing Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000005 (code=1).

It is 100% reproducible with any Air app even if there is only one button "exit" (as in attached showcase) or simple empty stage. So nothing related with app logic.

Even if you try to dispose app using Android task manager it would still sometimes crash  on next startup.

Steps to reproduce

1) Start some air app

2) Close it using nativeApplication.exit() (in some cases you could even just minimize/expand it but this takes more time to crash)

3) Repeat 1-2 until it crash (usually 2-3 times for "exit button" app.

Expected result

App would normally release from device memory then start again (as it does on any other device i tested).

Actual result

Device would slowdown during restart sequence, then app would stop to response and crash.
Here i made some video showing the problem.
This‌ is simplified test application with it's source.

And that one is some logcat output.

Additional information
I also tried to reproduce this effect with native java app and have no luck at all. Used this piece of code to exit app:

activity.finish();

System.exit(0);

Then i tried to use this "immune" code as java native extension to exit my air app and it was still crashing.

Tried to build using air version 4, 15 and 16.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Hi,

I request you to try with the latest beta release of Android Air from the below link:

Download Adobe AIR 17 Beta - Adobe Labs

Kindly let us know if it still crashes.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2015 Mar 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the heads up.  Could you, if you haven't already, please open this as a bug report at https://bugbase.adobe.com ?  It would also be extremely helpful if you could also provide us with a sample project/app.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I request you to try with the latest beta release of Android Air from the below link:

Download Adobe AIR 17 Beta - Adobe Labs

Kindly let us know if it still crashes.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for too late, i was having problems accessing adobe.com for about last two weeks. As i could see Air 17 perfectly solves this weird problem, but instead "kills" all starling-based apps on some samsung devices. Now, after air 17 runtime update i face this Uncaught ArgumentError: Error #3672 at starling.display::QuadBatch/createBuffers() · Issue #676 · Ga... problem on sm-t230 and even sm-t2105 (avaible acer or asus devices still work as excepted). When i downgrade runtime to 16 it starts to work as it was (sm-t230 having this crash issues, when sm-t2105 doesn't). Anyway i think this need another topic so thank you for help with solving my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Great to know that the issue does not exist any more.

For second issue, kindly raise the bug on another thread. We will look into that.

Roshan

Adobe Air

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines