• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ApplicationVerificationFailed error

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this error for past 2 days and have tried everything I can think of. I have revoked old certs and created new ones, along with new provisioning profiles.  I did this for distribution, ad hoc, and dev.  When I try to import the dev .cer file into keychain access, it doesn't seem to do anything -- I've tried both 'import' and just double-clicking the .cer file. I've tried deleting all old certificates, thinking that perhaps they were somehow cached and weren't updating with the new import. Didn't work.

When I run using dev .p12 and provisioning, I get "The signing certificate is not from the expected issuer". So I'm trying now to debug using Ad Hoc, which has worked in the past. But I just get the ApplicationVerificationFailed error.  I have removed beta entitlements from the descriptor, as I've read that that can be an issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

If you've confirmed that your certificates and provisioning profiles are all good and are still getting this, I determined that you will receive this exact same error if you have your app configured for TESTFLIGHT.  In other words, in your APPNAME-app.xml make sure that the following is commented out within the IOS entitlements section:

<key>beta-reports-active</key>

<true/>

Once I commented that out, I was able to resume debugging locally.  Pissed that I spent a day on this, but at least it'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've confirmed that your certificates and provisioning profiles are all good and are still getting this, I determined that you will receive this exact same error if you have your app configured for TESTFLIGHT.  In other words, in your APPNAME-app.xml make sure that the following is commented out within the IOS entitlements section:

<key>beta-reports-active</key>

<true/>

Once I commented that out, I was able to resume debugging locally.  Pissed that I spent a day on this, but at least it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, thanks, I discovered the same thing.

I also discovered that, even if you change provisioning profiles, if you're still getting errors you should try renaming your mobileprovisioning profile. Even though you've created new certs, exported .p12, and downloaded new provisioning profile, you may still referencing the earlier same-named earlier of the provisioning profile -- the cached version.

One other thing -- you will also see this message if you have the incorrect id in your descriptor file -  <id>com.whatever.myappname</id> . I had to do change this id between the android version and the ios version (for an irrelevant reason). If I forget to change it back to what it should be for each platform, I see that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines