Highlighted

Armajet - New Starling game on AIR 21 Beta

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I so very often read complaints about the AIR platform, that I wanted to show what the Beta program can really do. I'm proud to present to you our first AIR & Starling creation.

This is the labor of over 5000 hours of programming over 1 and a half years. It's a realtime multiplayer shooter called "Armajet", scheduled for release on iOS and Android. A lot of our testers thus far compared it to a Super Smash Brothers meets Call of Duty. We're planning on a closed alpha launch in March, so you can signup and get a chance to later receive a build on your phone/tablet. It runs at 1080p or higher, 60fps on most modern devices (45+ fps on an iPhone 4S).

The tools we use are:

- Frontend Runtime: AIR 21 Beta

- Frontend Framework: Starling 1.7

- 2D Character Animation: Spine

- Textures: all async worker disk loaded ATFs, rendering at native 1080p+;

- Texture Packing: TexturePacker

- Networking: Custom, all-UDP snapshot-based network framework, modeled after the awesome Quake 3 Arena's.

- Milkman's ANEs for mobile

I hope you'll signup and give it a try during the closed alpha, we could really use feedback!

Feel free to ask me anything about how it was done, as it's been a labor of love and I don't mind sharing any and all details that could help out the community.

Here's some links:

YouTube trailer: ARMAJET // Alpha Launch Trailer - YouTube

FB page: http://facebook.com/Armajet/

And some pics:

xmsY2fC.jpg

5DBCMvW.jpg

oRfOfgU.jpg

VNRc4AY.jpg

Thanks!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Armajet - New Starling game on AIR 21 Beta

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I so very often read complaints about the AIR platform, that I wanted to show what the Beta program can really do. I'm proud to present to you our first AIR & Starling creation.

This is the labor of over 5000 hours of programming over 1 and a half years. It's a realtime multiplayer shooter called "Armajet", scheduled for release on iOS and Android. A lot of our testers thus far compared it to a Super Smash Brothers meets Call of Duty. We're planning on a closed alpha launch in March, so you can signup and get a chance to later receive a build on your phone/tablet. It runs at 1080p or higher, 60fps on most modern devices (45+ fps on an iPhone 4S).

The tools we use are:

- Frontend Runtime: AIR 21 Beta

- Frontend Framework: Starling 1.7

- 2D Character Animation: Spine

- Textures: all async worker disk loaded ATFs, rendering at native 1080p+;

- Texture Packing: TexturePacker

- Networking: Custom, all-UDP snapshot-based network framework, modeled after the awesome Quake 3 Arena's.

- Milkman's ANEs for mobile

I hope you'll signup and give it a try during the closed alpha, we could really use feedback!

Feel free to ask me anything about how it was done, as it's been a labor of love and I don't mind sharing any and all details that could help out the community.

Here's some links:

YouTube trailer: ARMAJET // Alpha Launch Trailer - YouTube

FB page: http://facebook.com/Armajet/

And some pics:

xmsY2fC.jpg

5DBCMvW.jpg

oRfOfgU.jpg

VNRc4AY.jpg

Thanks!

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 23, 2016 0

Have something to add?