Highlighted

ATTN Adobe: iOS echo cancellation and h264 now easy with iOS SDK

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Based on the iOS SDK documentation, it should now be easy to implement native device echo cancellation on iOS. This feature would be an extremely welcome addition for those of us who have persisted with the Adobe Media Server stack

Using Specific Audio Units

In addition, it's now possible to obtain hardware encoded h264 frames in real time (directly, without streaming to a file and parsing it in real time).

Please can the live streaming system get a little bit of attention?

Cheers.
Dave

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

ATTN Adobe: iOS echo cancellation and h264 now easy with iOS SDK

Participant ,
Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,

Based on the iOS SDK documentation, it should now be easy to implement native device echo cancellation on iOS. This feature would be an extremely welcome addition for those of us who have persisted with the Adobe Media Server stack

Using Specific Audio Units

In addition, it's now possible to obtain hardware encoded h264 frames in real time (directly, without streaming to a file and parsing it in real time).

Please can the live streaming system get a little bit of attention?

Cheers.
Dave

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 04, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very interesting feature. @chris.campbell What are you think about it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is interesting and something I'll share with the team.  We use a third party library for out Runtime targets (desktop FP and AIR) so I'm not sure how easy this would be to plug in, but we'll see what they say.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2015 1
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We so need this right now!

Thanks Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2015 0
dqh360 LATEST
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your attention Chris.

The Android AEC documentation looks promising and straightforward:

AcousticEchoCanceler | Android Developers

As a fallback, given the CPU developments in mobile devices over the last few years I think that the Speex software AEC library would now be viable on mobile, It worked for me on a Windows VoIP client I built about 10 years ago, just need to force the OS run the microphone and speaker at a synchronised sample rate (Windows very much approximated lower sample rates back then)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2015 0