Highlighted

Audio Crackling

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a lot of audio artifacts (clicking\popping) using the latest AIR Beta 16.0.0.283

I have mp3s playing at 64kps.

Anyone else?

Are there any specific formats that are better?

Thanks

Craig

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Crackling

Participant ,
Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a lot of audio artifacts (clicking\popping) using the latest AIR Beta 16.0.0.283

I have mp3s playing at 64kps.

Anyone else?

Are there any specific formats that are better?

Thanks

Craig

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 04, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Craig,

Could we get a bug report along with a sample project that we could try and reproduce against?  Is this happening with a particular platform?  And does it also occur with our first v17 beta that was released today?

Thanks,

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2015 0
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

Maybe you can advise on this.... I am essentially building a mp3 player app, though it only has 5 different mp3's to choose from. Originally it had 10, but then the client wanted to split them into two different apps. I basically duplicated the app with  a different layout but the code is 99% the same. Sounds are loaded externally

If I play music either app, I have no problems. Both apps have NatvieApplication.nativeapplication.executeInBackground = true; so that if the phone goes to sleep or you hit the home\power button, the audio continues. (When it goes to sleeps it skips a little which I already have logged in the bugbase 3914212). When the phone goes to sleep, the audio skips for a second and continues fine, but if I go back into that app and the other app happens to also be running, I get audio pops all over the place. The pops go away if the apps goes back to sleep (or background).

Could the fact that the apps are similarly coded have anything to do with this? Or is is this just an extension of the 3914212 bug?

I would send you both ipa's if you need them......

Craig

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2015 0