Highlighted

Auto-orientation not working on iOS 9 on iPhone 6 plus

Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tested landscape auto-orientation in my app (for iOS 9 beta) on iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone 6 plus. Auto-orientation works on every device except the iPhone 6 plus. Nothing happens when the device is turned upside down.

Flash CC

Windows 7 64-bit

Air 18.0.0.144

iOS 9 beta

Waiting for a fix, if there is one already.

Air for iOS setting tab screen shot:

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto-orientation not working on iOS 9 on iPhone 6 plus

Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently tested landscape auto-orientation in my app (for iOS 9 beta) on iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone 6 plus. Auto-orientation works on every device except the iPhone 6 plus. Nothing happens when the device is turned upside down.

Flash CC

Windows 7 64-bit

Air 18.0.0.144

iOS 9 beta

Waiting for a fix, if there is one already.

Air for iOS setting tab screen shot:

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 09, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

We verified this at our end but could not reproduce the problem, Auto-Orientation of landscape application is working fine.

I could rotate my application in both Rotated-left and Rotated-right position when AO is true on iPhone 6 plus. Also verified with other AO and AR combinations but could not reproduce the issue.

May I know which iOS 9 beta build you are using ?

Regards,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS9 beta 3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also using the same beta build but could not reproduce the issue.

Please watch the small video uploaded at Dropbox - IMG_0207.MOV‌ to demonstrate what we are doing. if you think something is missing from our end please let us know.

We will be happy to help you.

Thanks,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2015 0
Engaged ,
Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've checked everything and I still can't get auto-rotation to work on my app. I've done everything in the video. Not sure what to do next.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the final release of iOS 9 on an iPhone 4s and the orientation sensor does not work at all.  Wish I had not upgraded.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2015 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using iOS9 public release on iPad 2. Since the OS upgrade orientation not working and the soft keyboard comes up on wrong side of screen. I compiled build with AIR 19.0. Any workarounds besides quitting the app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Could you please try out the issues after changing <autoOrients> tag in application.xml to "true", this should resolve the issue, soft-keyboard coming up from wrong side of screen.

However, we are unable to observe any issue with application orientation not working on iOS 9. Kindly, provide us a sample application with which we can reproduce this issue at our end.

Thanks for your support,

Adobe AIR Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2015 0