• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto update for captive runtime

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created a 64 bit captive application on AIR.

We want to create a setup and prompt an automatic update on running the application.

Can you suggest how to create an auto update setup for cative AIR applications ?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might misunderstand the question, but I think one approach would be using an URLRequest when the app starts, to check a variable for whether you should show a prompt or not. Then in your customized alert box have a button that leads to the app in App Store/Google Play where your customers can update the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have you checked out this project? It might be what you are looking for.

GitHub - SolidSoft-Lda/AIR-AutoUpdate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikehorton

The project looks promising. Do you have the steps on how to integrate it with existing project. I just created a new project and added all source code but this does not seem to work.

Do I need to import it in some other way ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yashy2823074​. I have not implemented the code into my own project yet so don't really have any steps to give.

I also found another project for Captive Updating on Google Code. This one looks easier to implement if you watch the video below he gives instructions.

Project Files

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Video

NativeApplicationUpdater for AIR 2.0 apps packaged with native installers on Vimeo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mikehorton​

I tried both project but there are certain files missing in both projects. Due to which I was not able to compile them with my code.

Can someone give it a try and check these can be used for auto updating ?

Or can we use something else ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines