Highlighted

Automatic full-screen snapshot

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are trying to get an automatic full-screen snapshot from a Labtop, Desktop, Tablet or Smartphone using AIR and send it to our server.

Does exist any class to do it? We have found some options that merge Visual Studio and Adobe AIR (gotoandlearn.com - AIR 2.0 Native Process - Part 1), but we need to develop it based on AIR only.

Can someone help us?

Best regards,

Manel

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Automatic full-screen snapshot

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We are trying to get an automatic full-screen snapshot from a Labtop, Desktop, Tablet or Smartphone using AIR and send it to our server.

Does exist any class to do it? We have found some options that merge Visual Studio and Adobe AIR (gotoandlearn.com - AIR 2.0 Native Process - Part 1), but we need to develop it based on AIR only.

Can someone help us?

Best regards,

Manel

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 22, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, you are wanting a screenshot of the entire screen and not just the contents of the AIR app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

I want a screenshot of the entire screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been doing some testing over the past couple of days and I think the only way to do this is with AIR triggering outside sources like the example you provided. On my Mac, I have been able to get AIR to trigger an Automator created app that takes a screenshot of the desktop. The Automator app is silent in execution and you never see the app launch. After that, I used the Clipboard class in AS3 to get the BitmapData from the screenshot stored in the system clipboard and display it on the stage. So from the point of getting the BitmapData in the Clipboard, you could execute some PHP code through, I think, the URLLoader and pass the BitmapData in the call to upload to the server. I don't have much of any knowledge with PHP, so there could be more work/effort than what I mentioned. I would think you could do something similar for Window that you could execute a small app in the background that essentially does a Print Screen call and you copy the Clipboard data.

When it comes to taking screenshots of tablets and smartphones, Im pretty confident in saying that you are not going to be able to do that without some Native Extensions and I think you might even only be able to do this with Android and probably not iOS unless the app is current open. I say that because of the more sandboxed approach of iOS. Even with Android it looks like there may be some testing needed to get a screenshot of the "desktop" and not just the app running based on some very quick Google searching.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2016 0