• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic launch image problem iPhone 6+

Participant ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t get good launch-image performance on iPhone 6 + , iOS 8.3,  using AIR v 17 and publishing with Flash Pro CS5.5

I’ve tested what I understand to be correct launch-image dimensions and names: 1242 x 2208 and  ‘Default-414w-736h@3x.png’

I’ve also tested:

‘Default-414w-736h@3x~iphone.png’

‘Default-736h@3x.png’

I create a 1080 x 1920 stage, add the launch image and get:

dn.png

Letter-boxing is supplied by iPhone! I've drawn test lines on my stage, which has been shortened lengthwise courtesy of iOS 8.3

I've read that people were having problems like this many months ago, but that they've been resolved in the lastest AIR releases. So it must be me. What am I doing wrong?

And, as a follow up question, is it possible to add launch-image info to the application descriptor .xml that will be picked up in the app's info.plist?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Ok, answering my own question (sometimes you just have to ask in order to find the answer!):

Contrary to Adobe's instructions in Guide for Apple App Store submissions | Adobe Developer Connection ("Launch images are included in the root directory of the application package but are not referenced in the publish settings or application descriptor"), the launch image for, at least iOS 8, MUST BE referenced in the application descriptor in order to get into the app bundle's info.plist. 

Unlike earli

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2015 Apr 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, answering my own question (sometimes you just have to ask in order to find the answer!):

Contrary to Adobe's instructions in Guide for Apple App Store submissions | Adobe Developer Connection ("Launch images are included in the root directory of the application package but are not referenced in the publish settings or application descriptor"), the launch image for, at least iOS 8, MUST BE referenced in the application descriptor in order to get into the app bundle's info.plist. 

Unlike earlier iOS versions the launch image seems to have to be referenced in that info.plist.

If I'm missing anything here please supply info, corrections. 

Thanks, c.u.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines