Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Better AIR startup on Android

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2016 Sep 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when I click on application icon on Android device, there is an animation, where the app color fills screen before application starts, but as AIR is doing initialization during this time, the animation is not fluent, especially when application supports only landscape aspect ration. Would it be possible to improve it? Like disabling the transition animation or customize it with simple splash screen, like described here: Splash Screens the Right Way | Big Nerd Ranch ?

I know that it is just a detail, but these details does big impression as it is the first thing user sees after installing the application.

Thanks a lot,

David

EDIT: after spending more time starting our application in various situation, the issue is visible only in scenario, where the app requires landscape only, but user is holding the device in portrait orientation. In this case there is only transition animation, which ends with partially filled screen with color, than there is the little, but ugly pause, before the content is finally rotated and the screen is fully covered and app can start. It would be really nice to have this improved. Also it does not matter on size of the app (even very simple one, which just displays one image is affected).

EDIT2: because concurrent frameworks don't have such a behavior, I submitted it also as a bug: Bug#4190299 - Not fluent application startup on Android

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines