• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Binary Rejected due to crash

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone knows how to fix this issue? Cause it's happening to me as well.

I submitted 4 times to Apple Store the update of my app and it got always rejected, due to a crash when it launch.

It was a simple update to an app, which works on iPhone and iPad.

Can anyone help me out?

Follow the screenshot of one of the rejections.

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 10.49.47 AM.png

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

If you want to try AIR 15 in FDT, there should be a command line that reads like this:

-useLegacyAOT yes

If that is missing from your compiler line, try using it. There was a change recently where the compiler defaults to using the new compiler, so now to use the old one you have to put in that command too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched to a new discussion as this issue is unrelated to the one in the previous thread.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll send you a direct message.  I'd like to take a look at the crash logs to start, so I'll tell you where to send them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent you an email with details. Let me know if you didn't receive it. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the email, thank you.  Unfortunately it looks like this is Adobe Air, and you've posted the question to the DPS forum.  I've asked an admin to move the post to Adobe Air, where they will be able to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Air Development forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh damn, I got lost in so many forums trying to find the solution. Hahah.

So should I just wait for an email or direct message?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash Apple had is unlikely to not happen to you too. My bet is that you used the new compiler in the App Store submission, and that clashed with an ANE you're using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the submission compiler is different?

How can I check to see if that is the issue? Or how can I solve it.   

I'm using FDT to compile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 15, 2014 Nov 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or how can I solve it.

I think issue can be not only with Adobe AIR but with your source code (this is issue #1 in most cases).

Your game using Stage3D? Which framework or it rendering using CPU? What is your testing device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not with my code because the debug version works perfectly.

If I use a development provisioning profile and certificate, it works fine. Even the Android build worked fine and it's live on Google Play Store already.

I already revoked and created a new distribution certificate 2 times, it's not that as well.

The thing about having an issue with the submission compiler like Colin said makes a lot of sense.

I am using Starling and Spine as external libraries, and I already went through and updated everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2014 Nov 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got my app rejected again!

I saved the DSYM file and tried to get the specific line of error using the crash reports, but it didn't work.

Can someone from Adobe please help me out with this? I have the latest SDK, latest everything and I need to release this update to the app.

I have all crash logs, the DSYM file, the IPA sent.

@Colin - You said I'm using a different compiler for distribution which might be causing the issue, but you never told me how to fix the problem.

Should I try using AIR SDK 16?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see what tool you're are using. If it's Flash Pro there is an option to "enable faster packager". There are some ANEs that have a problem with that, and the symptom is that the app crashes on launch (or when that ANE initializes).

AIR 16 has some of those cases fixed, so your choices are to turn off the faster compiler option in AIR 15, or try AIR 16.

You could argue that turning off the faster compiler is an all round good solution to all Store build issues, but I have had one app where it would only work properly with the new faster compiler, and when I cautiously used the slower one, I ran into a problem! You have to try both, and submit to Apple using the same one you used during testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FDT to compile.

I will try to upgrade to SDK 16 and see if it works. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to try AIR 15 in FDT, there should be a command line that reads like this:

-useLegacyAOT yes

If that is missing from your compiler line, try using it. There was a change recently where the compiler defaults to using the new compiler, so now to use the old one you have to put in that command too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nice, I'll add. My current compiler arguments are this:

-static-link-runtime-shared-libraries=true

-target-player={playerVersion}

-library-path+="{flexSDK}/frameworks/locale/en_US"

-default-size=550,400

-swf-version=17

So should I just add that line to the bottom of the list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2014 Nov 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know FDT, or how it runs the compiler. Some of those things you listed don't seem like ADT commands, so it may not be the right place to add the extra -useLegacyAOT yes

No harm in trying though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to give you guys an update, the app was approved. So it must have been that compiler argument. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines